Information about Tagfriendly, the MP3 blog aggregator.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Moving and Tweets

I moved Tagfriendly to a beefier VPS tonight.  This brought RAM all the way up to 360MB, if you can believe it.  (It was 128MB.)  This means that I don't have to bring paster down when the crawler runs, and that I can probably get away with a simultaneous apt-get update as well.  We'll see.

I've started using Twitter more personally, so I thought it was time to bring Tagfriendly into 2009 and start tweeting as well.  I've got things set up so that newly discovered MP3s are tweeted, along with their URLs to the tune of one tweet every 5 minutes.

I'm not sure that I like it... kind of noisy.  But then again, I'm not a kid anymore.

Work on the zeitgeist is (finally!) underway.

No comments:

Followers