Information about Tagfriendly, the MP3 blog aggregator.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Now With More Social

I rolled out an experimental feature tonight that that allows you to create RSS feeds based on index matches to your Last.fm top artists or artists similar to your Last.fm top artists.

Nifty.

You can utilize this on the feed maker, but you need to indicate who you are first.

One thing I noticed that gave me something to think about: artist names are indexed as free text, which means it can turn up in results as a non-exact match. This means that if you do a search on "James" that "Etta James" and "James Brown" will turn up in the results.

This is good sometimes, but not when you're searching for specific artists. My solution, which I'll implement tomorrow will be to create "exact" fields for those fields that I wish to be able to perform exact searches on. This duplicates some index data, but it is the only way to get what I want.

No comments:

Followers